Sales Trader (Newark)
Turnbull & Co Ltd. is Lincolnshire’s largest independent Builders’ Merchant. First opening for business in 1895 in Sleaford, nowadays Turnbull is no longer just a Builders’ Merchant; we supply everything from building and plumbing products to bespoke kitchens and bathrooms to the trade and general public.
Still family run, we’re an expanding business with around 200 employees across our branch network with deep local roots. We’re dedicated to looking after our employees and our loyal customer base. A top local employer offering competitive pay, benefits, training and career development.
Roles and Responsibilities
Located at our Newark Trading Centre and reporting to the Branch Manager, we are looking for an outgoing Sales Trader who is keen to join our Plumbing & Heating team and be responsible for assisting us in all aspects of trade sales. Duties will include:
- Deal with enquiries and orders from customers over the telephone.
- Deal with enquiries and orders from customers in branch.
- Assist on the sales counter to support branch trading activities.
- Work closely with branch colleagues to acquire knowledge and to assist them in their duties.
- Stock Ordering
- Making best use of regular ‘in-store’ and ‘manager’ offers to drive sales.
Person specification /Core competencies
- Product knowledge is essential
- Experience of using Microsoft Word and Excel required.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a desire to provide first class customer service
- A commitment to provide high levels of accuracy and timeliness.
This is a full-time role; hours of work will be 7:30am to 5:00pm Monday to Friday and every other Saturday from 7.30am to 12.30pm.